Introducing ChitoGauze® XR PRO, a revolutionary hemostatic dressing for the external, temporary control of severely bleeding wounds. It is the next generation of chitosan dressing that is composed of a polyester/rayon blend non-woven medical gauze that is coated with chitosan. Featuring an embedded x-ray detectable strip, it is Z-folded and packaged in a vacuum sealed pouch that is compact and rugged.
ChitoGauze® XR PRO maximizes hemostatic performance and reduces the risk of re-bleeding by providing effective hemostasis outside of the normal clotting cascade. ChitoGauze® XR PRO also has natural antibacterial properties against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative microorganisms which are beneficial in presence of debris and environment before the injured are treated with antibiotics or are transferred to a medical treatment facility. Designed for the battlefield, ChitoGauze® XR PRO is an efficacious and easy-to-apply dressing that maximizes hemostatic performance before severe bleeding turns deadly.
MEDICAL DEVICE AUTHORIZATION (MDA)
Purchase of some medical devices require users to have the supervision of a medical practitioner, these devices may be labeled "Caution" or "RX only".
Ensuring medical supervision and/or authorization is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
CHITOGAUZE XR PRO
- The proven hemostatic properties of chitosan enhance the ability of medical gauze to control hemorrhage.
- Readily conforms into the wound surfaces with complex geometries to rapidly staunch bleeding and seal the wound site
- Z-folded & packaged in 3 in. x 4 yd lengths
- Offers antimicrobial properties against 26 bacterial organisms
- Non-woven, polyester/rayon blend medical gauze is coated with chitosan to maximize its performance and control severe bleeding
- Featuring an embedded x-ray detectable strip
- Package Size: H 5.75 in. x W 5.0 in. x D 0.65 in.
- Product Size: 3 in. x 4 yd
- Weight: 0.7 oz